Tickets may be purchased online or in-person at our Guest Services. Discounts available for U.S. Active Duty Military, Veterans, and members of the Tin Can Sailor Association. Discount pricing for Active Duty Military and members of the Tin Can Sailor Association must be purchased at Guest Services with valid identification or membership card.
Hours of Operations for Our 2024 Season
March 6- April 30 Wednesday - Sunday 10am to 4pm. No ticket sales after 3pm
May 1st to mid September Sunday - Thursday 9am to 5pm. No ticket sales after 4pm
Friday - Saturday 9am to 6pm. No ticket sales after 5pm
Mid September- December 31 Wednesday - Sunday 10am to 4pm. No ticket sales after 3pm
Our Gift Shop will be open during the museum hours as posted. Please stop in and purches your tickets here before boarding the ship.
Thanksgiving and Christmas. All of January and February.
We reserve the right to close for weather and mantainace purposes...PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO INSURE WE ARE OPEN ONLY IF LOCAL NEWS SOURCES ARE ISSUING SEVERE WEATHER WARNINGS.
1680 Martin St.
Bay City Michigan 48706
TO FIND US ON GOOGLE MAPS
Type in "USS Edson, Bay City, MI 48706"
If your equipment allows it, you may also enter the latitude and longitude coordinates 43.6139 N, 83.8689 W.
1. Allow at least 1 to 2 hours for your visit – there is a lot to see on the ship. If you are taking a guided tour, plan on a minimum of 2 hours.
2. Discounted Admission Tickets (such as Groupon, etc.) are valid only for general admission during regular hours. They cannot be used as payment for group tours or special events.
3. The tours are mostly self-guided. Occasionally, we may have volunteer tour guides available. You will receive a tour guide brochure at the admissions desk to help guide you through the ship.
4. Wear comfortable shoes. You will be going up and down ladders and doing a lot of walking. We recommend, for your safety: no heels, sandals, flip flops, or open-toed shoes.
5. Purses, backpacks, and diaper bags are not allowed on the ship. Camera bags and bags with medical supplies will be allowed with staff approval.
6. Children must be kept close to an adult at all times. It is a large ship with many passages and it is easy to get separated.
7. Cameras are welcome on board for personal use only. We do recommend that you use a neck or wrist strap while exploring the ship for your safety.
8. Talk to the volunteers around the grounds and aboard ship! They will be happy to answer your questions and are full of information on the restoration process. Many are veterans who will also be happy to share their own experiences in the service.
9. NO RUNNING
10. Visit the gift shop before you leave to purchase a souvenir or two.
11. Consider making a donation or purchasing a membership to help support the USS Edson and the Saginaw Valley Naval Ship Museum.
12. Visit TripAdvisor.com and rate your visit.
Behaviors that are considered a safety hazard to oneself or to others will result in immediate removal from the ship. No refunds will be provided.
Price and programs subject to change without notice.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
A. Be very careful on all ladders and hold onto ladder rails with both hands.
B. Beware of low overheads and knee-knockers (door thresholds).
C. Do not run.
D. Do not touch controls or switches – this is a live ship!
E. Do not cross any chains, closed doors, or play with door handles.
Heed all restricted areas and enjoy exploring the USS EDSON.
1. Due to the historic nature of the ship, there is no wheelchair or stroller accessibility on the ship.
Please contact us at 989-684-3946 so that we can provide alternative accommodations.
2. Pets and other animals are not allowed on board. ADA certified Service Dogs are allowed but please note the deck of the ship can get very hot. Dogs will not be allowed to be carried up and down the ladders or in bags for safety reasons.